“Here I go again on my own…” words ingrained in my brain as I dug through my Keto cookbooks and matched up what I got in my InstaCart order with what I could cook. My Aldi haul (scroll down for list) was able to get me 4 different meals, and 9 days worth of lunches and dinners that fit the bill for my “New Year New Me New Lifestyle” blah blah blah. In all seriousness though, this turned out SO good I’m happy to get to share it with you. I was determined to keep it as effective as possible – I ended up with 3 hours of cooking time, and a half hour or so of dolling it out into containers and doing dishes. Admittedly, I still need to boil the eggs, bake the bacon, divide up the chicken I cooked up tonight into containers and cook up the steak and zucchini but that can all be done another day.
Meals Still to be Prepped
- Hard boiled eggs and Bacon
- Southwest Chicken and cauliflower rice
- Steak and Zucchini
Aldi Grocery List for 1/2 delivery
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 pack of green peppers
- 1 pack of zucchini
- 3 cartons of strawberries (overkill because Bean 1 will eat up some strawberries, and I can snack on these)
- 1 carton of blueberries for snacking
- Onion (you only need one, chopped)
- Bag of Spinach
- Baby Bell cheese for snacking
- Container of Cottage Cheese
- Two packs of Cream Cheese
- Half and Half or Cream (note I forgot to get heavy cream so anywhere it asked for it I used cream cheese and half and half)
- 2 cartons Eggs
- Two packs shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 packs of bacon
- Top sirloin
- 2 packs of chicken breasts, Southwest seasoned
- 3lbs of hamburger
- Jar of no sugar spaghetti sauce
- Italian spices
- Nuts for snacking
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Bay Leaf (optional)
- 2 containers of Chicken Stock
- Dijon mustard
How to Attack it
Dear god with all that stuff to make how do you even approach it? Start by laying out your recipes off to the side so you can refer to them- I just put them side by side. You can find the recipes here… then just go for it.
- Cook 2 of the 3lbs of hamburger in one large skillet (or cook all of it at once but you’ll need two bowls to house it in. I cooked my extra 1lb in the soup pot I made the soup in but in succession Bc of stovetop real-estate and minimizing dishes. In hindsight cooking it all at once would have been quicker and easier).
- While that’s cooking purée your cottage cheese/egg/cream cheese concoction for the Italian casserole.
- If you left that third pound of beef to cook separately, cook it in a large pot you’ll use to make the soup. If you are cooking it as part of the larger batch, you can start sautéing the cauliflower and garlic for the soup at this point in a soup pot
- When the beef is done, in a bowl combine ~1lb of the beef with the spaghetti sauce. If you cooked all 3lbs together, put another ~1lb in another bowl and set aside for the soup.
- In the pan that still has 1lb of beef in it, add the cabbage, ginger and scallion and cover. Let it cook down.
- Add the stock to the cauliflower, until it covers it – let it boil
- Start layering your casserole with your puréed cheese concoction, meat sauce, spinach and cheese — add to oven
- With your stir fry, add in the Worcestershire Sauce, mix and remove from heat
- Remove your cauliflower chicken stock from the heat once it’s done boiling
- If you have another pan start cooking a pack of the Southwest chicken
- Add the cream cheese to the cauliflower soup
- Divide your stir fry into containers
- Purée the cauliflower soup mixture and finish with the remaining steps in the recipe – let it cool down
- Finish the instructions on the Chicken Divan
- Take lasagna out of the oven
- Add the Chicken Divan
- Let it all cool off and finish dividing into containers
FYI- the foil casserole pans were a godsend and made clean up way easier. So did an empty dishwasher to start. GOOD LUCK!!